Job Opportunity Background
ADT Project Consulting GmbH is a German consulting firm for international cooperation in the agriculture and food sector. Since 1995, ADT has implemented worldwide more than 85 development projects in the agricultural sector, financed through bi-lateral or multi-lateral funds. For additional information on ADT please consult our website www.adtproject.de.
Since 2010 ADT is implementing the BMEL funded German-Chinese cooperation project to foster animal breeding and husbandry in China (see https://www.adt-tierzucht-china.org) and various other projects related to animal breeding and husbandry in China.
In order to strengthen our expert team for upcoming projects on sustainable livestock production in China, ADT Project Consulting is now searching for a cattle husbandry expert with strong interest in environmental friendly and climate smart livestock production.
The expert is responsible for the implementation of project activities in China and the coordination between relevant stakeholders, partners and experts in China and Germany.
The specific tasks of the cattle husbandry expert will be:
- Technical coordination of the project activities (management of the relevant personnel and technical resources)
- Identification and introduction of locally adapted, environmental friendly and climate smart technologies to cattle farms in province Gansu
- On-site consulting of relevant stakeholders
- Professional and organizational exchange with partners in Germany and China
- Technical preparation / implementation / monitoring of training measures in China and development of training materials
- Technical coordination and support of multiplication events (e.g. field days, seminars, symposium) and reports
- Data collection and evaluation of the monitoring of project activities and documentary processing of the consulting approach and the consultancy effects
Qualifications and requirements
- Master of agriculture, state-certified farmer and / or agricultural studies
- Sound knowledge of dairy cattle production systems and best practices in sustainable agriculture
- Open to the ambitious aims of a sustainable agriculture and to questions of environment and climate relevance
- A high level of motivation and self-responsibility as well as willingness to travel regularly to China (total time in China will be 6 – 7 month per year)
- Good English language skills and ideally international experience
- Experience with environmental friendly technologies in livestock production is an advantage
ADT offers a future-oriented employment environment. You will experience an open company culture with a strong focus on a broad, independent and responsible range of tasks. In particular:
- Professional preparation in Germany and training on the farm
- Travel organization and, if necessary, provision of an interpreter
- Close exchange with our project office in Beijing and Germany, network to German and Chinese partners from business, science and administration
- Work on established partner companies in China
- An initial temporary job (approximately one year) with the option of long-term cooperation
- An adequate compensation and food and lodging in China
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please send your convincing application (CV and motivation letter) by E-Mail to the address mentioned below by February 22th, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed/contacted and will receive an invitation to an interview, indicatively to be held in Bonn in March 2019.
Please send your application to:
ADT Project Consulting GmbH
Mr. Falk Kullen